Thursday, December 27, 2007

Some bloggers like Shoemoney really need to take some writing classes


I frequently read some blogs and I am amazed to find how some very popular blogs are full with spelling errors, grammatical mistakes and without proper punctuation. I wonder sometimes if those bloggers ever took some English classes. That's how bad some of their writings are! Yet, visitors flock to these blogs and I am not sure if they don't notice the bad writing or they simply don't care.

I have to admit that English is not my strongest point. English isn't my first language. It isn't my second language. It isn't even my third language. It's my fourth language! In college, I had take twice English 101 because I ended up with a D the first time I took it. However, I know how to use a Spell Checker. I usually type my blog entries in Microsoft Word which automatically highlights grammar and spelling mistakes. Then, I copy them back into my blog. If you know how to copy and paste, you can certainly do this too!

Don't these bloggers know how to use a Spell Checker? Don't they take the time to re-read or even proofread what they wrote? Do they take their job seriously enough to try to present something decent? I suspect they simply don't care because there are enough people out there willing to read their garbage.

If you read Shoemoney's blog posts, you will find so many spelling and grammar errors, missing punctuation that you got to wonder if he's ever taken or passed any English classes. I sometimes get lost in some of his blog posts. If he is making as much money as he claim, he has got to enroll into a community college and take some writing classes for his readers' sake. But I bet he won't. Not as long as we are willing to read anything that he puts out there!

6 comments:

Foodtime said...

Hmm. You may want to check your own post before you diss others, lol. I spotted two just scanning your post.

Monty2007 said...

Are you even english?

Some of your grammatical errors would lead me to believe that...

Spelling isn't everything you know, good grammar comes above everything else and I am sure that Shoemoney has more intelligence than you will ever have..

Shoemoney is a true marketer, attacking him for his "spelling" is just ridiculous...

Yusuf Smith said...

No. I am not english. If you read the post, you'll see that I mentioned there that English isn't my native language.
As a non-native english speaker, I can't help but notice all the obvious spelling errors that Shoemoney made on his blog. The guy needs to learn how to use a spellchecker.

Normal Guys Network said...

I think the reality is that there are many mistakes on every blog out there. most blogs are people posting their passions and opinions in a free flowing format that is more spoken word then perfectly proper English expression. It is the content that is important more then the spelling in my opinion.
---
Political Disgust at http://www.politicaldisgust.com

Unknown said...

I don't believe in rules when it comes to blogging. I mean rules in writing. Blogging is supposed to be a personal expression where your personality should shine.
I don't even believe that there is such a thing as a professionally done blog.
What I think is important is writing what your heart or mind wants to express.

Todd said...

i write my personal expression and my views in blogging but after posted the topic i always check my grammar mistake and spelling.
regards
seo company india