Monday, January 7, 2008

Save Yourself a Headache: Here are Some Decent Web Hosting Companies


One of the most important decisions when starting a website is choosing the right web hosting company to host your website. A bad web host can cause your website to go down frequently or be inaccessible for long periods of time. This will turn away your visitors and drive your traffic to die down. Choosing the right web host could be the difference between success and failure.

I can't recall the number of times I had to complain to some web hosting companies that I had signed up with, or screamed over the phone or threatened legal actions. I have tried several web hosts throughout the years and had to change web hosts several times.

The process of changing web host is painful (moving files, recreating databases, waiting for DNS records to propagate through the internet) and usually results in significant downtime for your site and loss of emails. This is without mentioning the stress and aggravation that you get.

I can't stress enough how important it is to choose the right web hosting company.

Here are a few web hosting companies that I recommend, based on my own experience and also feedback that I have received from my friends:

midPhase Hosting
Bluehost Hosting
Hostgator Hosting
iPowerWeb Hosting
GoDaddy Hosting
Lunarpages Hosting
FatCow Hosting
iPower Hosting
PowWeb Hosting


Most basic hosting plans cost $7.95/month or lower. A basic plan is what I believe most webmasters should start out with, unless you expect your website to be an instant success. As you outgrow your plan, you can choose a more expensive hosting plan or go with dedicated hosting.

1 comment:

Todd said...

it is very important decision to choose the company for the website hosting.you provided a good list.thanks for sharing it.
regards
seo company india